House gutted in fire started by kids playing with lighter

KHOTANG: A house was reduced to cinder after it caught fire -- apparently by local children playing with a lighter -- in Khotang district of eastern Nepal on Tuesday.

According to preliminary information, properties worth Rs 1 million, Rs 4,00,000 in cash included, were gutted in the incident at Kharmi-7 of the district, a local teacher said.

Dipak BK's family has been displaced as all their belongings, including clothes and foodstuff, were destroyed.

BK, who had gone Saudi Arabia for foreign employment, had recently returned home. The incident took place when

the house was left unattended.