Nepal | June 02, 2020

I will ban 3 lakh porn sites, says Baskota

Himalayan News Service
Share Now:

Kavre, December 16

Minister for Communications and Information Technology Gokul Prasad Baskota today said his ministry would ban 300,000 more porn sites.

Inaugurating an expansion programme of Nepal Telecom at Geldung of Bethanchowk Rural Municiplaity, Kavre, Minister Baskota held that 2.5 million raunchy sites had already been closed down and three hundred thousand more such sites would be banned in the days to come. The minister claimed his ministry had to ban pornographic sites as they had created perverted mentality and ruined society and social values. “I am working to ban 300,000 more porn sites to make citizens civilised and cultured,” Baskota added.

Stating that his ministry was working on a war footing to expand telephone service across the country, Baskota said that he would work to provide internet service to 150 rural municipalities fully and 69 rural municipality partially within a year.

“Nepal Telecom will provide service to people living in far-flung areas,” he stated. He urged the people to open positive sites and receive knowledge from them as the telecom’s charge was low.

Baskota termed Nepal Telecom a mother and claimed that everyone would require it despite some technical problems.


A version of this article appears in print on December 17, 2018 of The Himalayan Times.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories:

More from The Himalayan Times:

People opting to sanitise homes, office spaces as COVID-19 infections keep rising everyday 

Kathmandu Handsanitisers, gloves and masks were our first shield of protection against the spread of coronavirus. And now people have started sanitising their homes and offices as a precautionary measure as infections keep increasing nationwide.   Muna Thapa had never sanitised her Read More...

Dengue

Dengue, scrub typhus infection on the rise in Gandaki Province

POKHARA: Amid the spread of coronavirus contagion across several parts of the nation, dengue and scrub typhus cases too have become a worry some health issues with their steady rise in Gandaki province of late. According to the Health Directorate of the province, 16 persons have been infected wit Read More...

Dailekh reels under scarcity of tests as people return to district in thousands

KATHMANDU: As thousands of people are returning home to Dailekh from India, the district faces a shortage of PCR tests, increasing the risk of widespread transmission of Covid-19 among the locals. Returnees from India, who are placed in various quarantine facilities in Dailekh district, are at a Read More...

25 people discharged from Bhim Hospital in Bhairahawa

BUTWAL: Twenty-five people were sent home from Bhim hospital in Bhairahawa after recovering from Covid-19, on Monday. Among those discharged are 22 men and three women, including a 4-year-old and a 10-year-old girl. Of the 25, 10 are from Gaidahawa Rural Municipality -- including three women f Read More...

Three more COVID-19 positive cases identified in Nawalpur

NAWALPUR: As many as three new cases of coronavirus infection have been reported in Nawalpur district today. Of the newly infected, two persons aged 22 and 36 are from Kawasoti-1 and 12 respectively, while the third person, aged 14, is from Binayi Tribeni Rural Municipality-3. They had recently r Read More...

India climbs to 7th biggest outbreak in world

NEW DELHI: India has registered 230 deaths in the last 24 hours, bringing its total to 5,394 as the country begins its three-stage reopening on Monday. The lockdown is being eased in most places except for the containment zones now isolated due to coronavirus outbreaks. The Health Ministry sai Read More...

Two construction workers swept away by flood in Kailali

DHANGADHI: Two persons were swept away by the flooded river caused by the incessant rainfall, in Chure Rural Municipality-1 of Kailali district, on Sunday night. Police have identified the deceased as Kamal Thapa (45) and Gopal BK (24) both of Krishnapur Municipality-4 in Kanchanpur district, inf Read More...

UN forced to cut aid to Yemen, even as virus increases need

CAIRO: Aid organizations are making an urgent plea for funding to shore up their operations in war-torn Yemen, saying they have already been forced to stop some of their work even as the coronavirus rips through the country. Some 75% of UN programs in Yemen have had to shut their doors or reduce Read More...