DAMAK: Property worth more than Rs 4.1 million was gutted when a fire broke out in Gauradaha-1 of Jhapa district at around 1:30 am on Thursday.

According to the Damak Area Police Office, the house that caught fire belonged to Devraj Limbu. The fire was caused by a short circuit, police added.

Dhan Singh Limbu, a tenant in Devraj's house, has also suffered the loss of property.

Police further informed that a one-storey house near Devraj's also was gutted in the incident.

The fire was brought under control with the help of two fire brigades, police and the locals at around 4:30 am today.