Jhapa minor dies after litchi gets stuck in neck

JHAPA: An eight-year-old boy died of suffocation after a litchi got stuck into his food pipe, on Monday.

The deceased has been identified as Krishna Limbu, a grade 3 student of local Mangalmaya Higher Secondary School in Lakhanpur-1.

According to a school teacher Om Prakash Sangraula, Limbu was easing the fruit during his lunch in school when the fatal incident took place.

He added that Limbu was rushed to the Lifeline Hospital soon after but died while undergoing treatment, the said.