Man burnt to death in Rupandehi

RUPANDEHI: A man was burnt to death when a fire broke out in a hardware shop in Shankarpur, Sittan of Rupandehi district on Wednesday.

The deceased has been identified as Narayan Pandey (60), owner of the shop.

According to Dhakadhahi Area Police Office, three other people were injured while dousing the fire at the Buddha Iron Store in Sittan VDC-7.

The police further said diesel and petrol inside the shop sparked the fire.

According to relatives of the deceased, Pandey was mentally retarded, informed police.