Bhojpur man gets electric shock while fishing in Sankhuwasabha river

BHOJPUR: A man was injured after suffering an electric shock while fishing in a river of Chainpur Municipality-22 in Sankhuwasabha district on Sunday.

The injured has been identified as Anish Rai (20) of Chaukidanda in Bhojpur district, currently residing in Khandbari of  Sankhuwasabha District.

Rai got an electric shock while he was fishing in Sabha Khola at around 9 am yesterday, according to the Sankhusabha District Police Office.

Rai, who was a tractor driver, had used a battery of the vehicle to electrocute fishes in the river. But he too got the shock.

Meanwhile, he is receiving treatment at the Khandbari-based District Hospital.