Minor dies after consuming wild mushrooms

PANCHTHAR: A child died after consuming wild mushrooms in Miklajung Rural Municipality-7, Panchthar district on Tuesday morning.

The deceased has been identified as Sangam Makhim (10), a local.

According to the Panchthar District Police Office, Makhim died while undergoing treatment at the Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.

Similarly, a seven-year-old Sapana Makhim, who was taken ill after consuming mushrooms, has also been receiving the treatment at the hospital.