NEA temp staffer gets electric shock in Bhojpur; limbs, tummy burnt

BHOJPUR: A youth sustained critical injuries from an electric shock in Dumsika area of Bhojpur Municipality-8 in Bhojpur district, on Sunday.

The injured has been identified as Lila Pradhan (27) of Ram Prasad Rai Rural Municipality-3 in the district.

Pradhan got the electric shock while he was changing an electric pylon at around 3:30 pm yesterday. According to Bhojpur District Police Office, Pradhan burnt his legs, arms and stomach in the incident.

The injured was rushed to Bhojpur District Hospital from where he was referred to Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.

Pradhan had been working as a temporary employee at the office of Nepal Electricity Authority, Bhojpur.