KATHMANDU: The Tara Air's Twin-Otter 9N-AHH accident is the 14th fatal airplane crash case involving commercial passenger flights in Nepal since the beginning of the 21st century.
The Aviation Safety Database of the Aviation Safety Network records as many as 22 plane accidents in Nepal since 2000, of which 14 involved fatalities.
Fatal air crashes in Nepal since 2000
1. February 24, 2016: Tara Air's Viking Air DHC-6 Twin Otter 400 (9N-AHH) crashed in Rupse of Myagdi, killing 23
2. February 16, 2014: Nepal Airline's DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-ABB) crashed near Sandhikharka of Arghakhanchi, killing 18.
3. September 28, 2012: Sita Air's Dornier 228-202 (9N-AHA) crashed near the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, killing 19.
4. May 14, 2012: Agni Air's Dornier 228-212 (9N-AIG) crashed near Jomsom Airport in Mustang, killing 15.
5. October 18, 2011: Nepal's Army's Pilatus BN-2T Turbine Islander (RAN-49) crashed in Dhorpatan, Baglung, killing 6.
6. September 25, 2011: Buddha Air's Beechcraft 1900D (9N-AEK) crashed near the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, killing 19.
7. December 15, 2010: Tara Air's DHC-6 Twin Otter 310 (9N-AFX) crashed near Shichaur village in Okhaldhunga district, killing 22.
8. Augusdt 24, 2010: Agni Air's Dornier 228-101 (9N-AHE) crashed near Bastipur, Shikharpur VDC in Makawanpur district, killing 14.
9. October 8, 2008: Yeti Airlines' DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-AFE) crashed in Lukla of Solukhumbu, killing 18.
10. June 21, 2006: Yeti Airlines' DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-AEQ) crashed near Jumla Airport, killing 9.
11. May 25, 2004: Yeti Airlines' DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-AFD) crashed near Lukla of Solukhumbu, killing 3.
12. August 22, 2002: Shangri-La Air's DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-AFR) crashed near Pokhara, killing 18.
13. July 17, 2002: Skyline Airways' DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-AGF) crashed near Surkhet Airport, killing 4.
14. July 27, 2000: Royal Nepal Airlines' DHC-6 Twin Otter 300 (9N-ABP) crashed near Simra Airport in Bara, killing 10.
The database records total 53 air crashes in Nepal since May 7, 1946. The record, however, does not include helicopter crashes occurred in the nation.
One of the most recent helicopter accidents was the US Marine Corps’ UH-1Y Huey helicopter crash in Sindhupalchok on May 12, 2015.
After supplying food supplies to the earthquake victims, the chopper was coming to the Capital with some survivors for treatment.
Total 11, including six US marines, two Nepal Army personnel and five locals had died in the incident.