New mother dies in Saptari fire

RAJBIRAJ: A 24-year-old woman died after she caught fire while warming herself up, in Chhinnamasta-1 of Saptari district on Sunday.

Aashadevi Mandal had made a fire to warm herself and her 16-day-old child up this morning.

While sitting by the fire, her sari had ignited first and the fire spread over her body.

With critical burn injuries, she was taken to the BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences.

The woman had breathed her last while undergoing treatment at the health facility, according to Police Inspector Bijaya Shrestha, the Saptari District Police Office spokesperson.