Panchthar District Hospital garage catches fire

PHIDIM: A garage at the Panchthar District Hospital caught fire on Saturday, destroying the structure completely.

No any vehicle was parked at the garage when it caught fire.

The fire was sparked from a heap of rubbish being burned by sweepers this afternoon.

The fire could not be controlled on time as few staff were present at the hospital on the weekend.

Later, a fire brigade from the Phidim Municipality assisted by Nepal Police and Armed Police Force personnel contained the fire.

Dozens of patients and their attendants were thrown in havoc due to the incident.

Details of the loss are yet to be estimated.

The Hospital Development Board's Chairman Deepak Nepal said an investigation would be launched.