Property worth Rs 24 million gutted
Himalayan News Service
Biratnagar, April 14:
A fire at Ikrahi Yadav Tole of Biratnagar-5 yesterday gutted property worth Rs 24 million.
One hundred sixty-eight houses belonging to 65 families turned into ashes in a fire that spread from an electrical short circuit when one Bisheswor Yadav was using a thresher. The fire victims were forced to spend the New Year’s Day homeless and without food. One Kapileshwor Yadav, who lost six houses in the raze has gone mad after the incident. He incurred a total loss of Rs 1.2 million. Another Buddhi Lal Yadav lost seven houses, coordinator of the relief collection committee, Rajendra Bhattarai, said. A group of fire victims including Laxmi Devi Yadav, 40, have gone for begging after they had nothing to eat. It took seven hours for seven fire engines to control the fire, Chhabi Raman Timilsina, a fire fighter said.