Nepal | April 09, 2020

Shops gutted in Lamjung

Himalayan News Service

Lamjung, July 23

Three shops were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at High School chowk of Besisahar Municiplaity,in Lamjung district, last night.

Two police constables were also injured while trying to douse the fire. Ram Bahadur BK’s jewellery shop, Mina Adhikary’s fruit and vegetable shop and Krishna BK’s grocery store all rented in Hem Prasad Ghimire’s house were destroyed in the fire.

Preliminary police investigation shows that the fire started due to electric short-circuit. “Further investigation into the incident is under way,” said DSP Samirchandra Kharel.

A police team led by DSP Kharel had reached the site after they were informed about the incident. A fire engine, locals and police personnel brought the fire under control.

The two police constables, who sustained minor injuries in the incident, are undergoing treatment. Following the incident, power supply in the area has been disrupted. An estimate shows that property worth over Rs two million was damaged in the blaze.


A version of this article appears in print on July 24, 2017 of The Himalayan Times.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories: