Siblings killed in Makawanpur fire

HETAUNDA: Two women died in a fire that broke out at a house in Syauli Bazar, Thaha Municiplity in Makawanpur district on Sunday night.

The deceased have been identified as Maya Bal (46) and Maili Thing (40) from Tistung. They are said to be siblings.

According to police, fire started from a candle at around 10 pm during power outage.

Two other persons sleeping in the same house, however, could manage to save their life.

There were four persons staying in the house in the night of the incident.

The house caught fire after the candle fell down on clothes, according to Sunita Thing, the victims’ sister.

Rs 3,00,000 in cash and ornaments made up of nine tola gold including  clothes were destroyed in the incident.

It took two hours for security personnel to contain the fire.