KATHMANDU, DECEMBER 14
The US Nepal Climbers Association, an umbrella organisation of mountaineers and those working in the area of mountaineering in the United States, concluded its third session in New York.
A new 17-member working committee chaired by Passang Nima Sherpa was also chosen during the convention held on the occasion of International Mountaineering Day.
Other life members and previous members of the association's working committee were present at the occasion, which was presided over by Serap Jangbu Sherpa, the organization's founding president. He also swore in the unopposed elected member of the committee.
Former General Secretary Mingmar Lama had presented the progress report of the organisation in the last three years while former Treasure Lakpa Gelu Sherpa had presented the financial report on the income and expenditure of the association.
President Passang Nima Sherpa, who will begin his second term as president, spoke about the organisation and thanked all who have participated and aided the association thus far.
The new elected working committee members:
1. President: Mr. Passang Nima Sherpa (Dolakha)
2. 1st Vice President: Mingmar Lama (Salleri)
3. 2nd Vice President: Pasang Sherpa (Jiri)
4. General Secretary: Ang Dawa Sherpa (Tamakhani)
5. Secretary: Pasang Sherpa (Nunthala)
6. Treasure: Lhakpa Nuru Sherpa (Kharikhola)
7. Vice Treasure: Lhakpa Gelu Sherpa (Gora)
8. Member: Ang Kaji Sherpa (Gora)
9. Member : Lakpa G Sherpa (Tapting)
10. Member: Da Ongchhu Sherpa (Kurima)
11. Member : Dawa Jangbu Sherpa (Thame)
12. Member : Kaji Sherpa (Okhaldhunga)
13. Member: Dome Sherpa (Gora)
14. Member:Churim Sherpa (Taplejung)
15. Member:Pasang Sherpa (Taksindu)
16. Mingmar T Sherpa (Kharikhola)
17. Ngima G Sherpa (Chaurikharka)