Three minor siblings dead in Dang fire

LAMAHI, DANG: Three minors of the same family died in a fire that occurred in the house belonging to Navaraj Pun in Banglachuli Rural Municipality-8 of Dang district last night.

The deceased have been identified as Pun’s seven-year-old son Krishna Kumar (7), and daughters Asmita (5) and Anju (2).

According to Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ram Prasad Gharti at Dang District Police Office, the thatched-roof house caught fire after the solar battery exploded on Thursday night.

Luckily, Pun’s one-year-old infant son escaped the incident as the Pun couple had gone to visit a witch doctor for the ‘treatment’ of the infant, police said.

Police personnel with the help of local residents doused the by the midnight. All the properties in the house including seven cows and four goats were also destroyed in the incident, police informed.

Likewise, a shoe store owned by Bhim Prasad Ghimire caught fire in Tulsipur-5 in the district today.

According to DSP Prem Bahadur Shahi at Tulsipur-based Area Police Office, entire goods in the three-storey house were gutted in the fire that occurred at around 6:15 this morning.

No human causality was reported in the incident.

Police said that the cause of the blaze was yet to be ascertained.