Two children die of food poisoning

Dhangadi, December 16

Two children died after consuming chow mein at Aamghat, in Krishnapur Municipality, Kanchanpur, today.

The deceased have been identified as Dhan Bahadur Sunar, 12 and his younger brother Tek Sunar, 8, of the municipality. The duo had eaten noodles prepared by their aunt Sita at home yesterday. They were heading towards their maternal uncle’s house along with their mother, Bimala Devi to attend a marriage ceremony at Belauri. The kids had eaten noodles on the way to their maternal uncle’s house.

The sick kids were admitted at the Primary Health Centre in Belauri after they started vomiting. They were again referred to Seti Zonal Hospital, Dhangadi after their condition worsened, but to no avail. Then they were referred to Banke’s Kohalpur Medical College. Eventually, they died on the way to the medical college.

The father of the kids had died some time ago. The children had been living with their uncle after their father’s death. Locals accused the aunt and uncle of mixing poison in the chow mein.

Area Police Office, Jhalari, said they had arrested both the uncle and aunt and were investigating the case.