Siraha, September 6:

Two persons were electrocuted and five injured when they tripped on a naked wire attached to a generator in Siraha district last night. According to the Madar police post, the dead are: Lalita Devi Yadav (25) and Laxman Yadav (20) of Itahari Tole, Laxminiya VDC-6.

The five were injured when they tried to save the two, the post said.

A local resident, Ram Lochan Mahato, said Lalita Devi was looking for her buffalo in Laxminiya VDC-6. The wire snapped as Lalita hurled a stick at the buffalo. She was electrocuted when she tripped on the snapped wire.

Laxman was electrocuted when he went to rescue Lalita.

Matuk Lal Yadav, Jagadev Yadav, Ram Udgar Yadav, Pramod Mahato and Sunil Yadav were injured when they tried to rescue the victims. The injured have returned home after treatment in the Madar- based health post.