Nepal | April 26, 2019

Two hurt as short circuit blows up TV, ignites LPG cylinder in Birgunj

RAM SARRAF

BIRGUNJ: Two persons have been injured in a fire incident in Birgunj Metropolitan City-11 of Parsa district today.

The injured have been identified as local resident Jagannath Mahato Dhanuk and his daughter-in-law Sunita Devi Dhanuk of Shreepur Tole in the metropolis.

It has been reported that Sunita’s body has been burnt while Jagannath has suffered burn injuries in his body and arms.

It has been reported that the fire was caused by a short circuit while an electrical line was being repaired at the house belonging to Heera Mahato Dhanuk, at around 11:00 am.

It is said that a television set exploded and ignited liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder which also exploded and spread fire in the room in no time. A steel cupboard, along with jewellery, cash and clothes stored in it, were completely damaged in the inferno.

Meanwhile, the injured are receiving treatment at Narayani Sub-regional Hospital. The injured woman is said to be in critical condition.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories: