KATHMANDU: Two children, aged six and 10, lost their life after receiving electric shocks from a high-tension transmission line in Abhiyan Path in Kalikanagar, Butwal of Rupandehi on Tuesday afternoon.
Victims are identified as Rohan Chhetri (6) and Rohit Chhetri (10), according to an official at the Area Police Office, Butwal. They were siblings.
The tragedy took place after the 3000 KVA-wire of East-West Electricity Transmission Line snapped all of a sudden and fell upon the two brothers who were playing near their house behind Police Training Centre in Butwal-12, the Rastriya Samachar Samiti reported.
Earlier it was said the boys had accidentally touched the snapped high-tension wire lying on the ground.
The children were rushed to the Lumbini Zonal Hospital in Bhairahawa, where they were pronounced dead on arrival, according to police.
(Updated with inputs from Rastriya Samachar Samiti)