Ward member electrocuted in Rautahat
RAUTAHAT: A ward member of Raj Devi Municipality-3 in Rutahat district was electrocuted on Friday.
According to police, 45-year-old Nanpat Raut, ward member of Basatpur in the municipality died while operating an electric-motor-pump. He was irrigating a paddy field at the time of the incident.
Raut, a cadre of Rastriya Janata Party-Nepal, had won a post in the ward in local level elections held last year. His kin claimed his body following an autopsy at District Hospital in Gaur, informed police.