Hetauda, June 28 A teenage girl died and three members of her family were taken ill after they consumed wild mushroom in Raksirang Rural Municipality, Makawanpur, today. Bunjimaya Chepang,13, of Darang’s Raksirang died at home for want of treatment after consuming poisonous mushroom. Head teacher Babulal Ghalan of Dhirang Basic School said they had consumed the mushroom three days ago. “They complained of vomiting and stomach ache after they consumed the mushroom. Bunjimaya died due to lack of treatment facility in the village,” Ghalan said. According to Ghalan, Bunjimaya’s father Dib Bahadur Chepang, 45, her elder brother Bachhalal,18, and her younger brother Balta Chepang were taken ill. They were airlifted to Bharatpur with the support of two NGOs for treatment, today. Their condition is said to be critical. Ghalan said the incident could not come to light due to lack of communication and health post. “If Bunjimaya was taken to the hospital on time, she could have been saved,” Ghalan said. Inspector Birendra Paneru said they came to know about the incident today itself. “Preparation is under way to send a police team to the incident site,” Paneru said.
Wild mushroom claims life
Published: 03:30 pm Jun 29, 2019