ROME: Brazilian playmaker Kaka remains an AC Milan player, despite reports from Spain he is heading for Real Madrid in a 65-million-euro deal, Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi said.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reported on Tuesday the deal had been agreed by newly-installed Real president Florentino Perez, AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani and Bosco Leite, Kaka's father and agent.
But Berlusconi insisted that "there is still no decision" on a definitive move and added he would be meeting with the player on Monday after the latter returns from a weekend World Cup qualifier against Uruguay.
"I will meet Kaka on Monday and then I'll tell you," Berlusconi told state broadcaster Rai on Wednesday.
"It is always the players who decide on their future, who have to decide how to pursue their career," he added, noting that despite his own close relationship with Ukrainian striker Sergei Shevchenko the forward had ultimately left in 2005 to join Chelsea.
"I did all I could but in the end he took his decision," said Berlusconi, adding that he was disappointed to see that French star Yoan Gourcuff had elected to sign permanently for Bordeaux, whom he helped to the French league title while on loan from Milan.
Cadena Ser had reported Kaka would sign up for five years and a salary worth nine million euros a year, while Italian news agency Ansa Tuesday had quoted Berlusconi as coming close to admitting the star was on his way.
"I do not know if we can keep Kaka at Milan because they (Real) have offered him so much money," Ansa quoted Berlusconi as saying.
English side Chelsea, who have just landed Kaka's former boss at Milan, Carlo Ancelotti, as coach meanwhile denied reports late Wednesday that they had tabled an 85 million euro bid for the Brazilian coupled with a net annual salary of 10 million euros.