Liverpool crush woeful Arsenal 4-0
- Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-0 at Anfield
- Roberto Firmino headed Liverpool in front
- Sadio Mane made it 2-0 before halftime
- Mohamed Salah added the third
- Substitute Daniel Sturridge headed home to complete the rout
- Liverpool next at Manchester City, Arsenal host Bournemouth
Liverpool served up a thrilling display of attacking football as they ripped apart a woeful Arsenal 4-0 at Anfield in the Premier League on Sunday.
Juergen Klopp's side went ahead in the 17th minute when full back Joe Gomez floated in a cross from the right and unmarked Brazilian Roberto Firmino headed home with ease.
Five minutes before the break, Liverpool broke with a flowing, passing move which ended with Sadio Mane cutting in from the left and driving a low shot into the far corner.
The contest was over in the 57th minute when Mohamed Salah stole the ball from a hesitant Hector Bellerin and burst from deep in his own half before coolly slotting past Arsenal keeper Petr Cech.
The effervescent Salah created the fourth with a cross from the left which was headed home by substitute Daniel Sturridge to complete a humiliating day for Arsenal and their manager Arsene Wenger.