Moyes worried by lack of signings



LIVERPOOL: Everton manager David Moyes admitted Monday he was worried by the club's failure to bolster their squad ahead of the new season.

Moyes knows he is in a race against time to bring in new players ahead of the club's Europa League play-off tie against Czech side Sigma Olomouc later this month.

"We are not ready as far as the squad goes, we want more players in," said Moyes, who has rejected bids for Joleon Lescott and Louis Saha.

"We let a few go in the summer - Andy van der Meyde, Lars Jacobson, Nuno Valente - and we have not replaced any of those players yet.

"If we want a run in Europe we need more players quickly. The search goes on, it has never stopped all summer and I am feeling a bit demented with it all now! "Apart from a couple of clubs, the transfer activity around the country has been limited. But for us, to have finished fifth and reached a cup final, to improve on that costs a lot of money.

"But we don't have that money. So trying to find players who are cheap, don't want much wages and will come here to improve us, well, it is not easy." So far, Moyes has only brought in Brazilian striker Jo on loan from Manchester City and a few untried youngsters who will be in the reserve squad.

And he remains hopeful of a positive outcome in his bid for Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos.

Moyes said: "We have a good team but what we do not have is back-up, and that is what we are trying to get.

"The bid for Senderos has been with Arsenal for a while now, and maybe it is getting closer." ea/nr09 Fbl-ENG-Pr-Everton-Moyes AFP 101538 GMT AUG 09.