UEFA charges Drogba, Chelsea
GENEVA: UEFA said that Chelsea as well as Didier Drogba and Jose Bosingwa will face European football's disciplinary body on June 17 following incidents in the Champions League match against Barcelona.
The governing body said it had started disciplinary proceedings against the club over the "improper conduct of players and the throwing of missiles by their supporters". Drogba and Bosingwa also face proceedings "for being in breach of the principles of sportsmanship by insulting the referee by making offensive comments," UEFA said.
Drogba faces potentially severe sanctions over his confrontation with referee Tom Henning Ovrebo after Barcelon sent Chelsea crashing out of the Champions League semi-final last month. His case was further aggravated by him screaming into a TV camera that the official had been a "f****** disgrace."