Pak handed info on Mumbai attack
NEW DELHI: India on Friday handed fresh information on last year's bloody attacks in Mumbai to Pakistan's top diplomat in New Delhi, officials and a report said.
The Press Trust of India said Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao handed over "additional information... including input on some of the key aspects and accused involved" to Pakistan's ambassador Shahid Malik.
Pakistan's foreign ministry in a statement later confirmed this, adding: "Arrangements are being made for the receipt of the material here."
India says it has so far provided four dossiers to Islamabad containing information relating to suspects and the logistics of the attacks which killed 166 people.
New Delhi has blamed Pakistani "official agencies" for abetting the 60-hour assault by 10 militant gunmen on India's financial capital.
The lone surviving gunman has told a Mumbai court that he and the others who attacked a railway station, two hotels and a Jewish centre were Pakistani nationals and came to the Indian city undetected by sea.
India says they were members of the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Pakistan has so far arrested five people suspected of involvement in the assault, including the alleged mastermind, Zakiduddin Lakhvi. Their trial is expected to begin next week.
Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani pledged earlier this month to do everything in his power to bring those behind the attack to justice following a meeting with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh in Egypt.