Trauma hospital bombing took 30 lives
KABUL: The number of people killed when US forces bombed a trauma hospital in northern Afghanistan earlier this month has risen to 30, the international medical charity Doctors Without Borders, which ran the clinic, said on Sunday. The death toll includes “10 known patients, 13 known staff and seven unrecognisable bodies,” the organisation said in a statement. The clinic in Kunduz was bombed by US forces on October 3. The charity, also known by its French acronym MSF, said that the corpses were found in the debris of the destroyed hospital buildings and “have not been identified.” They may include one staffer and two patients still missing,presumed dead, it said. The bombing happened as Afghan forces with US air support battled to retake Kunduz from Taliban fighters who overran the city on September 28 and held it for three days.