Beauty tips: Shining tresses
KATHMANDU: Problem-free hair doesn’t necessarily mean that your hair is healthy. You might not have dandruff or split ends but still your hair might look dull and rough, which isn’t a good sign. Healthy hair has this shine and is smooth to touch, which all of us desire to have. You need not go for expensive treatments to get that shiny look. All it takes is a little bit of care and grooming.
Here are few do-it-yourself tips for your tresses.
• It is better to apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
• Wash hair with tea once in a week.
• Apply the mixture of an egg white, two spoons of castor oil, one spoon of glycerine, on the scalp and hair. Wash it after some time.
• Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
• Deep condition with curd, beer and egg.
• Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
• Egg white and curd is a good conditioner for hair.
• Take a cup of coconut and mustard oils. Soak half a cup of curry leaves in the oil mixture and keep it for a night. Next morning, heat on a slow fire till the curry leaves turn crisp. Remove from heat and add two to three camphor balls. Allow oil to cool and then strain. Apply oil to hair roots using cotton wool along the parting and massage in circular movements. Leave the oil overnight and shampoo the next morning. Repeat twice a week.
• Add a lemon peel to a shikakai and amla mixture while washing your hair.