For dandruff-free hair
KATHMANDU: Dandruff is the most troublesome hair problem people face. Along with itching, it also causes embarrassment as the white flakes often fall on your shoulders. You must have tried out many ways to prevent yourself from getting in such embarrassing situation like by wearing colourful clothes or wearing caps.
While these might be some temporary solutions, there are home remedies that you can try out to get rid of those problematic white flakes.
• Massage scalp with pure coconut oil. This will also help in hair growth.
• Apply coconut oil, which has been boiled with small onions. Wash it off with a mixture of green gram powder and water drained from cooked (boiled) rice.
• Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with fingertips on the scalp.
• Apply a warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Do a steam-towel-wrap for 15 minutes and wash the hair with a shampoo.
• Apply a paste of methi and mustard on the scalp.
• Mix shikakai powder with the water drained from cooked rice and wash hair with it.
• Crush the leaves of five-petal hibiscus flower and take out the juice. Wash the hair with this juice.
• Heat oil with a little camphor. Apply the oil on the scalp and massage for 10 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the hair with herbal shampoo. Do the steam-towel-wrap for 15 minutes.