French toast with a twist
Want to add some extra flavour to your French toast? Well, here’s a simple recipe that will earn you compliments from your family and friends.
• Bread slices — 8
• Ripe bananas — 2
• Flour (maida) — 1 cup
• Vanilla essence — 2 tsp
• Sugar — 2 tbsp
• Milk — 1/2 cup or as needed
• Oil or butter to fry
• Powdered sugar (optional)
• Place banana, flour, sugar and vanilla essence in a blender.
• Blend till smooth, then add enough milk to make a batter consistency.
• Dip both sides of the bread in the batter to coat evenly.
• Fry in hot oil or butter, turning once to brown each side nicely. Watch carefully as this tends to burn easily.
• Drain on paper towel.
• Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
• Serve hot. — Agencies