Weekend brunch : Banana chips
If you’ve ever been to the south of India, then perhaps you’ve relished the banana chips that’s so famous. And if you crave for that taste but are unable to find a decent packet of banana chips, here’s how you can make some.
Banana (green) — 6 large
Oil — 2 cups (for frying)
Salt — 2 tbsp
• With a sharp knife make slits along the skin of the banana, and peel it.
• Slice the flesh (inside portion) with a grater.
• In a large frying pan or kadhai, heat oil (usually coconut oil is used).
• When hot add the sliced pieces and fry them till crisp.
• Sprinkle salt water before removing from oil.
• Drain and remove from heat.