Weekend brunch: Zesty and spicy peanuts
Tired of the same old tasting store bought peanuts? Here’s how you can add some masala flavour. You can make this ahead of time and serve them to your guests or just munch as you watch your favourite serial on television.
• 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
• 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
• 1/4th cup rice flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4th to 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Sieve gram flour and rice flour through a fine sieve.
• Mix gram flour, rice flour, chili powder and salt together in a bowl.
• Stir in the peanuts and slowly add four to five tablespoons of water. The peanuts get well coated with a thickish mixture.
• Heat oil in a wok/kadai.
• Deep fry over medium heat till the peanuts are golden brown.
• Serve after the peanuts cool donw, or store in airtight boxes.