Wipe away dark circles
KATHMANDU: Dark circles under the eyes can be listed as one of the top beauty problems nagging women. There are various factors like lack of sleep, stress, and water retention which leads to dark circles. There are several ways to deal with dark circles which include both home methods as well as use of cosmetic products.
While home remedies are useful to get rid of
dark circles caused by the above mentioned causes, women who have inherited this problem — often dark circles are a genetic problem — can always opt
for cosmetics to conceal dark circles.
Here are few home
• Grate two pieces of cucumber and squeeze through a muslin cloth
to extract the juice. Dip
cotton pads in this and place on eyelids. Relax for 15 minutes.
• Take one tablespoon tomato pulp, one pinch of turmeric powder, half tablespoon of limejuice and one tablespoon of gram flour. Make a paste and apply gently. Remove gently with moist cotton pads after half-an-hour.
• Soak two almonds overnight. Peel and grind to a smooth paste. Add a few drops of limejuice to this and apply for 20-25 minutes. This should be followed daily and gradually after two weeks, every third day and finally when the difference is visible, to once a week. A paste of almonds can be stored in a clean bottle in the fridge.
• Apply peel and grated potato for overnight at least thrice a week.
• Massaging eyes with almond oil before going to sleep is also an effective remedy for dark circles.
• Dip cotton in rose water and keep for 5-10 minutes.
• Drink as much water as you can.
• Include food like vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
• After washing your face in the morning apply a mixture of tomato and lime juice, both have to be in equal parts. — Agencies