Gairidhara cooperative catches fire

KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs 500,000 was destroyed in a fire induced by an electronic short circuit in Gairidhara of Kathmandu on Thursday.

The fire had broken out from a generator at the Pite Saving and Credit Cooperative Limited in Gairidhara, KMC-1 today.

Two generators and some documents were destroyed in the fire.

The company had its office on the fourth floor of the house of Nirmal Kumar Acharya.

Police had contained the fire with assistance of locals.

Further investigation is underway.