Goods at Baneshwor shops gutted in fire

KATHMANDU: An electronic short circuit sparked fire in Baneshwor of Kathmandu on Tuesday night, reducing property worth Rs 3.5 million into ashes.

The Baneshwor Glass Centre in Baneshwor, KMC-10, had caught fire, which destroyed goods at his shop and adjacent Shreya Hardware Godown, operated by Netra Prasad Ghimire of Janaki Nagar of Sarlahi district, police said.

The glass store was owned by Hemanta Timilsina from Murtiya-3 of Sarlahi district.

Locals and police had contained the fire.

Further investigation is underway.