Nepal | December 02, 2020

Grade XII exams from November 24

Himalayan News Service
Share Now:

KATHMANDU, OCTOBER 21

The National Examination Board, which has been authorised by the government to conduct examinations of Grade XII, has finally published the notice about conducting the examinations from November 24 to December 1.

The NEB devising the new protocol to hold the examination has allowed students to take exams in their schools. Examination time has been reduced by half. Three hours exams have been reduced to 1.5 hours with 60 per cent reduction in full marks. Remaining 40 per cent marks will be provided by the NEB on the basis of the marks obtained in Grade XI, while the schools can provide marks for remaining 20 per cent.

The protocol demands each school to maintain at least two metres distance between two students and allow a maximum of 20 students inside examination hall.

The fate of around 450,000 students of Grade XII is hanging in balance ever since the exams scheduled for April 20 onward were deferred indefinitely.

Chandra Mani Paudel, chairman of NEB said, unlike SEE examinations where schools were allowed to provide marks totally on the basis of internal evaluation, they have now allowed schools to provide only 20 per cent marks. “This was necessary after many schools manipulated actual marks of their students in SEE examinations. This had drawn flak from all corners.”

The NEB has taken the decision on the basis of the government’s decision to allow educational institutions to conduct exams for students of all levels by ensuring social distancing and other safety measures.

 


A version of this article appears in print on October 22, 2020 of The Himalayan Times.


Follow The Himalayan Times on Twitter and Facebook

Recommended Stories:

More from The Himalayan Times:

Health facilities to be set up in Tanahun

DAMAULI, NOVEMBER 30 Six primary health centres will be constructed in the rural areas of Tanahun. The government will construct the basic health service centres at Bhanu, Suklagandaki and Bhimad municipalities and Myagde, Devghat and Rising rural municipalities in the district. The foundat Read More...

Schools closed day after they opened

RAJBIRAJ, NOVEMBER 30 Some schools that resumed classes yesterday after a long time due to coronavirus pandemic were closed today in Shambhunath Municipality, Saptari. Shambhunath Municipality has 24 community schools. Schools were closed in March due to the pandemic. Despite the COVID risk, a Read More...

Hundreds join pro-monarchy rally

KATHMANDU, NOVEMBER 30 Hundreds of people staged a protest rally today from Baneshwor to Maitighar Mandala demanding restoration of monarchy in the country. Youths, elderly and children and people of all professions joined today’s protest. The protest programme was organised by a group na Read More...

Foundation stones laid for health facilities in Bara

BARA, NOVEMBER 30 Foundation stones for primary hospitals were laid in four local levels of Bara under the federal government’s policy of expanding access to health services. Foundation stones were laid in Nijgadh and Kolhabi municipalities and Subarna and Feta rural municipalities. As pa Read More...

Oli faction for bridging rift in ruling party

Dahal for upping the ante against the prime minister Wants to take his proposal, PM’s rebuttal to party panels KATHMANDU, NOVEMBER 30 Rival factions of the ruling Nepal Communist Party (NCP) are preparing to present their own strategies in the Secretariat meeting scheduled for tomorro Read More...

Leaders opposed to PM want him to quit

KATHMANDU, NOVEMBER 30 Minister of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Barshaman Pun, who is close to Dahal, today said at a public forum in Rolpa district that second generation leaders of the party were ready to lead the government and the party if the two co-chairpersons stepped down from t Read More...

EDITORIAL: Have a nice flight

It is in the interest of the airlines to see to it that the health protocols are followed sincerely and strictly Nine months after the country went into a lockdown on March 24 that brought all economic activities, including tourism-related, to a standstill, mountain flights are taking to the skies Read More...

Nepal's female soldiers break taboos to tackle COVID crisis

KATHMANDU: Four women wearing protective gear lift the body of a coronavirus victim at the Pashupati crematorium in Nepal's capital, Kathmandu, and hand it over to crematory workers - a scene unimaginable in the conservative country in recent years. Women touching a dead body is still a cultu Read More...