Maoists’ meet chalks out protest plan
KATHMANDU: The standing committee meeting of UCPN-Maoist today decided to form 18 different departments for launching its activities.
As plans go, Post Bahadur Bogati ‘Diwakar’ will head two departments - martyrs and missing people, and discipline. While party spokesperson Dinanath Sharma will head publicity department.
Maoists’ spokesperson Sharma said the meeting also decided to organise a tea reception on October 20 marking the new year of the native calendar - Nepal Sambat.
Sharma said the meeting had decided to seek a consensus before the Tihar festival but warned of an aggressive and decisive movement after the festival should parties fail to strike a deal by then.
Vice-chairman of the party Narayan Kaji Shrestha said the meeting decided to monitor the implementation of the code of conduct devised by the party’s central committee. He said the party had directed the central committee to submit their property details.
Who got what responsibilities
• Posta Bahadur Bogati: Martyrs, Missing People and Discipline
• Dinanath Sharma: Publicity
• Amik Sherchan: Finance
• Agni Sapkota: Education
• Lokendra Bista: Agriculture and Cooperatives
• Giriraj Mani Pokhrel: Health
• Ninu Chapagain: Culture
• Haribol Gajurel: Land
• Leelamani Pokhrel: Water Resources
• Dev Prasad Gurung: Ethnicity and Region
• Lekhraj Bhatta: Labour and Transportation
• Pampha Bhusal: Women
• Mohan Baidhya: Schooling
• Khadga Bahadur Biswokarma: Dalit
• Barsha Man Pun: Law and Justice
• Top Bahadur Rayamajhi: Industry and Commerce