NC, Maoists likely to vote against pending budget bills
KATHMANDU: Nepali Congress and CPN Maoist Centre - which have filed a no-confidence motion against the government - are likely to vote against three pending budget bills, when they would be put to vote at the Parliament today.
While emerging from the meeting of top leaders with Speaker Onsari Gharti today, Maoist leader Narayan Kaji Shrestha hinted that the bills would not be endorsed as the Maoist party has already withdrawn the support extended to the government.
The CPN MC Parliamentary Party Chip Whip Hitraj Pandey, however, refused to make comments over the issue.
Legislature-Parliament's list of agenda for today
1. Speaker to present the Office of the President's letter on bill authentication
2. Speaker to present the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Minister's letter on addition of responsibilities to Cabinet ministers
3. Speaker to announce addition of members in the Parliamentary Hearing Special Committee
4. Janardan Sharma, the chairman of Public Accounts Committee, to present the PAC's report
5. Discussion on Finance Bill, 2073
6. Amendments to Finance Bill, 2073, to be put forth for decision
7. Finance Minister Bishnu Paudel to propose endorsement of Finance Bill, 2073;
Finance Minister Bishnu Paudel to propose clause-wise discussion of Bill to Raise Public Debts, 2073
8. Amendments to Bill to Raise Public Debts, 2073 to be put forth for decision
9. Finance Minister to propose Bill to Raise Public Debts, 2073 for endorsement;
Finance Minister to propose clause-wise discussion of Loan and Guarantee Bill (With 21st Amendment), 2073
10. Amendment to Loan and Guarantee Bill to be put forth for decision
11. Finance Minister Bishnu Paudel to propose Loan and Guarantee Bill (With 21st Amendment) for endorsement
12. CPN Maoist Centre Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal to present no-confidence motion against Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli as per the Article 298(13) and the Rule 160 (4) of the Parliamentary Regulations.
13. Discussion on the no-confidence motion
14. Speaker to present the no-confidence motion for decision