New Road shoe warehouse catches fire
KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs 15 million was gutted in a fire in New Road of Kathmandu on Wednesday.
An electronic short circuit had sparked the fire at a shoe warehouse owned by Murari Prasad Timilsina on the second floor of the Ranjana Trade Centre, KMC-23 today.
The blaze destroyed shoes stored at the warehouse.
Personnel from Nepal Army, Nepal Police and Armed Police Force as well as locals had contained the fire.
In a similar case, an eatery owned by Diwakar Sharma in Chandol, KMC-4 caught fire, reducing property worth Rs 500,000 into ashes, on Tuesday.
Police and locals had doused the fire.
Investigations into the both cases are underway.