One injured as gas leak sparks fire in Bhaktapur house

BHAKTAPUR: A woman was injured in a fire that sparked from a leakage of Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder in Bhaktapur on Wednesday night.

The injured has been identified as Devaki Bhujel (26) of Panchkhal, Tamaghat-5 in Kavrepalanchok district, currently residing in Chhaling of Changu Narayan Municipality-2 in Bhaktapur.

Bhujel’s clothes caught fire that started from the leakage of gas and burned her body while she was cooking in her room, Superintendent of Police (SP) Kiran Bajracharya of Metropolitan Police Circle, Bhaktapur informed.

Critically injured Bhujel was rushed to Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital in Kathmandu for treatment after Bhaktapur-based hospital referred her to the former, police informed.