Property gutted

KATHMANDU: Property worth Rs 15 million was gutted in a fire at New Road on Wednesday. An electronic short circuit had sparked the fire at shoe warehouse owned by Murari Prasad Timilsina on the second floor of the Ranjana Trade Centre. The blaze destroyed shoes stored at the warehouse. Personnel from Nepal Army, Nepal Police and Armed Police Force as well as locals contained the fire. Similarly, an eatery owned by Diwakar Sharma in Chandole, caught fire, reducing property worth Rs 500,000 into ashes, on Tuesday.