PM's India visit itinerary out; to stay at Rashtrapati Bhawan
KATHMANDU: The government on Monday made the itinerary of Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal's upcoming India visit public.
Dahal will fly to New Delhi on Thursday, September 15 and return home on Sunday, September 18.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today, Dahal and his wife Sita will stay at the Rashtrapati Bhawan as state guests.
The PM's delegation includes Minister for Foreign Affairs Prakash Sharan Mahat and Minister for Physical Infrastructure and Transport Ramesh Lekhak. No any minister from Dahal's own CPN Maoist Centre party would be in the team.
Mahat is currently in New Delhi to prepare for the PM's visit.
There would be some lawmakers, senior government officials, mediapersons and representatives of the business community have also been included in the team.
PM's visit itinerary
- Leave for New Delhi
- Attend a reception to be hosted by the Embassy of Nepal in New Delhi
- Attend the Ceremonial Reception and inspect a Guard of Honour at the Rashtrapati Bhawan
- Call on Indian President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hold official meeting with Indian PM Narendra Modi
- Pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat
- Meet some senior Cabinet members of the Government of India
- Inspect Nathpa Jhakri Hydropower Project in Himachal Pradesh
- Visit Patanjali Yogpeeth and its industrial/manufacturing units in Haridwar
- Interact with intellectual circle and business community in New Delhi as well as with Nepali community in India
- Return home from New Delhi