Teen electrocuted in Tarakeshwor

KATHMANDU: A teen was electrocuted in Jitpur Satmane in Tarakeshwor Municipality, on the north-western outskirts of Kathmandu, on Friday.

The deceased has been identified as 17-year-old Saugat Dhakal, a permanent resident in Sangla, Tarakeshwor Municipality and currently residing in Jitpur with his maternal uncle.

The incident is said to have taken place when Dhakal when he was at a nearby maize field. He had received the shock from a wire installed to protect the crops from animals.

Police said the boy died on his way to Dhapasi-based Green City Hospital.

Meanwhile, 55-year-old Usha Chipalu, a permanent resident at Thapathali, KMC-11 in the capital died while receiving treatment at the Norvic International Hospital.

The woman had received the electric shock while she was operating a water motor.