21 taken ill after consuming poisonous mushroom in Kailali

DHANGADHI: As many as 21 persons including 10 children of five families were taken ill after eating poisonous mushroom curry at Bayala village in Sahajpur VDC-2, Kailali district.

Police Inspector Sagar Bohara said that the locals were taken ill after eating the mushroom curry that was collected from a nearby jungle on Saturday afternoon.

Police Inspector Bohara said condition of Shanti Thapa and Om Darlami is critical.

The sick persons are receiving treatment at the Seti Zonal Hospital in Dhangadhi.

The Bayala village, the hilly region in the district, is situated some 65 km far from the district headquarters.