ASI electrocuted in Morang

BHOJPUR: An assistant sub-inspector was electrocuted in Bayarban VDC of Morang district on Wednesday.

ASI Raj Kumar Rai, currently posted at the Ramailo Police Post in Morang, died of electronic shock yesterday, police said.

Rai had accidentally stepped onto an uninsulated wire while leaving the police post for regular patrolling, according police.

He had fallen unconscious in the accident and breathed his last while undergoing treatment at the Biratnagar-based Nobel Hospital during treatment at around 7 pm yesterday, police added.