Cooking gas cylinder explodes in Nawalparasi

NAWALPARASI: A cooking gas cylinder has exploded while installing it with a stove at a house in Kawasoti-8 of Nawalparasi district on Friday.

The incident had occurred at Krishna Gaur's residence this afternoon.

The new gas cylinder bottled by the Rajdhani Gas Industries was bought from Kaligandaki Enterprises, the family informed.

The explosion has damaged roof of the kitchen. Likewise, the incident incurred a lost worth around Rs 60,000 in total, according to the Kawasoti Area Police Office.

A representative from the gas bottling plant has been invited to look into the case and decide the compensation, said Chairperson of local gas trader Bhola Nath Dhakal.