Fire destroys four houses including pharmacy in Saptari
RAJBIRAJ: Property worth around Rs 4 million were burned to ashes in a fire that destroyed four houses in Surunga Municipality-2 of Saptari district on Wednesday morning.
The fire, which presumably started with an electric short-circuit from the house belonging to local Anand BK in Bhediya Bazaar at 5:00 am, gutted his two houses along with a pharmacy operated in his house, informed police.
The fire then spread to the two neighbouring houses belonging to Hriday Narayan Chaudhary and destroyed them along with clothes, utensils, grains and cash housed inside, informed police.
Police with the help of locals and a fire engine brought the fire under control after an hour's effort.
Meanwhile, further investigation into the case is underway, said police.