Hospital tense over death

KANCHANPUR: Sunil Ram Karki, 8, of Haldukhal of Bhimdutta municipality-7 was killed in an oxygen cylinder explosion at Mahakali Zonal Hospital, Mahendranagar.

Karki was supplied with oxygen following a snake bite. Dr. RB Chaudary who attended Karki denied that the cylinder explosion was the cause of his death. He said that Karki died from the snake venom and the sound produced during the incident was owing to gas leakage. He made it clear that the hospital room would have been destroyed had the cylinder exploded.

However, the kin of the victim claimed that the explosion of the cylinder caused the death. The hospital remained tense following the incident.