Kavre quake victims receive second housing grant instalment
Kavre, June 15
The second instalment of housing grant in Kavre has been released by Urban Development and Building Division Office, Kavre which previously expended the first instalment of Rs 50,000. Some 3,100 out of 5000, quake affected families that had applied for the second instalment received the grant.
According to office chief Astalal Suwal, a team of engineers has been assigned to monitor under-construction houses in a few places. “As for 5 per cent of the applicants, a repeated survey will be done by the engineers’ team assigned from our office to confirm whether the houses were being constructed in compliance with our guidelines,” he said.
Suwal informed that the release of the second instalment had been halted in Phoksingtar of Mahabharat Rural Municipality and Dhulikhel Municipality.
“As of now, survey of the houses under construction is happening in those areas. Once the survey is completed, the amount will be released,” he said, adding that his office will have sent the second housing grant to all quake victims by the end of the current fiscal.
According to official data, 63,342 quake victim families had signed the contract with the government for the housing grant in the district. Of them, while the government had provided the grant amount to 60,959 with the first installment, the remaining households were given funds by non-governmental organisations.